Sunday 21 April 2013

The Pizza Toss

15/4 - 21/4
This week began with Monday as a school-free day, so we spent the day at home and I continued to sew my dress until we had to prepare the house to have special guests over for dinner, Chiara's cousin Paola, her son Matthew and his girlfriend Shine. As it turns out Chiara's cousin is a very good cook so Chiara was determined to make the dinner absolutely perfect and the table was set better than most restaurants! This night also turned into the night when Mago tasted vegemite for the first time and I'd say his face here says it all!







School for the rest of the week then continued normally, with the exception that Spring continued to show itself all over the city!
The front garden at sunset in Noviglio!




We even get to sit outside in the park now after we have eaten at lunchtime at school!
Daisies everywhereeee



On Wednesday it was even warm enough that whilst the history teacher was testing some people, the French mother-tongue took us outside to practice French conversation in the sun. The coolest part was, I was even able to understand enough to follow the gist of the conversation!



Arriving home that night though, something lesson fun was happening on TV; the election. As if replacing the Pope and the Prime Minister this year wasn't enough, it's not time to replace the President of the Republic, Napoletano. The President of The Republic is voted in by the other ministers and so by some ancient tradition all 800 or so votes after to be read aloud, one by one, to the public. Note, whilst watching the most boring video of your life before that "Bianca" in Italian means "Blank" so all of those "Bianche" votes are from ministers who weren't happy with the candidates and hence refused to vote. Obviously, at the end of all of this they weren't able to elect somebody, so they will re do the whole process again next week.




A bad photo of a pretty street in Milan, lined with trees that are covered in flowers!

The street out the window of Chiara's office while I was waiting for Alice to have her lesson with Eugenio on Thursday
Also on Thursday something else a bit exciting happened when the History of Art teacher offered to bring me some textbooks on the basics of the History of Art so that I could begin to understand the subject and perhaps in September start participating in her class!


On Saturday I was lucky enough to call home while my family was having a BBQ, so I got to speak to quite a few Aunties and Uncles and cousins I hadn't spoken to in a while!

My cousin Danni
A nice sunny day in Brisbane while it was cold and rainy in Milan!
Australian food!
On Sunday Chiara and I spent the day working hard to finish off my dress. We then decided that I would need the occasion to wear it for the first time and show it to the family, so Alice and I made home made Pizzas for the first time this year!




Complete with air toss!



Although they didn't turn out exactly as good as we hoped, we were still extremely proud of our work
Wearing my new dress for the first time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment